1 - Alain Briot One on One Phone Consulting Program
This program is designed to provide you with in-depth help and evaluation of your photography. It is the perfect complement to a photography workshop. In fact, we offer a special "Beaux Arts Photography workshop participant price" when you sign up for a print review after attending one of our workshops. This one-on-one conuslting program is very popular and results in dramatic improvements.
This is how the consulting program works:
A - After our initial contact over email, over the phone or during a workshop, we schedule a date and time convenient for both you and I. My normal business hours for consulting are 9am to 5pm, Arizona time. Exceptions can be made if your schedule does not accommodate those times. This appointment can be done over the phone, or in my studio near Phoenix, Arizona. The appointment can be for 1 hour (our minimum appointment time), several hours or all day.
B - You send me a selection of your photographs either as jpegs over email, on a CD or DVD, or as prints. You can send as few or as many images as you like. There are no minimum or maximum number of images. If the consulting is scheduled in my studio you can bring your prints and digital files with you.
C - Before our meeting I review the photographs you sent me. At the appointed time I call you at the number of your choice. The cost of the call is included in my consulting fee. If we are doing in-studio consulting we meet in my studio at the scheduled time.
D - During our meeting we address any and all areas of concern to you in regards to your work. These can include, among many possibilities:
- Print quality
- Color calibration and monitor, scanner or printer profiling
- Composition, use of light, "meaning" and other aesthetics aspects of your work
- Paper choice
- Dry mounting your work
- Matting and framing your work
- Marketing your work
- Selecting and using a RIP
- Paper and canvas selection for specific ink and printer combination
- Spray Coating selection for specific canvas (or paper) and ink combination
- Taking into consideration your specific intended use when selecting paper, inks and coating
- Studio set up and installation, either for a complete studio or for specific equipment
- any other area of interest based on your unique needs
E - At the end of our consulting appointment you have the option to continue doing consulting work with me by enrolling in my long term, one on one consulting program. Details of this program are provided to you at your request.
Here are some examples of how the initial consulting call, or session can be tied to my longer consulting consulting program:
- If you want to work on print quality I can reprint your digital files in my studio after making contrast, color, profile and other corrections to your images. I will then ship you my prints so that you can compare them to your prints. This comparison is one of my most popular aspects of my one on one consulting. It results in dramatic improvements in your ability to print your work to the highest standards as you benefit from my 25+ years of experience printing my work, first in the darkroom and now in the digital darkroom. It will save you years of frustrating trial and error and will place you immediately in the upper echelons of the photography printing world.
- If you intend to start selling your work, or if you intend to increase the marketability of your work, starting a longer consulting program is the best decision you will ever make. A long term program will allow you and I to work together towards developing a unique marketing plan to fit your needs and your goals. If you are just starting it will allow you to get a head start on the competition by learning in a few months what took me over 15 years to learn! Furthermore, this program will allow you to avoid making the mistakes everyone makes when they start selling their work. It will prevent you from having to attend what I call "The school of hard knocks"! Overall it will save you both time and money.
Click here to Download the PDF registration form
I wanted to let you know that you have sparked a FIRESTORM in my brain.
I'm very pleased with how the project is coming.
Actually, I'm bursting at the seams with it!
One on One Consulting Student
2 - Seven - Sessions One on One phone consulting program
Certain specific difficulties can be troubleshooted and resolved in an hour. However, when faced with a more challenging situation, or when you are working on a long term project or desire to seriously improve your work, start selling your work, or design a marketing program, a longer time period is necessary.
During my seven sessions consulting program we develop and implement a consulting program designed specifically to address your unique needs. Seven sessions give us plenty of time to work in depth on the specific areas of your choice.
This long term, one-on one-consulting program is designed to be sharpen your skills in specific areas of photography. The program consists of seven one-hour meetings at the rate of only $275 per hour (instead of my normal $350 hourly rate). You have the option of charging this program in one installment or in 3 equal monthly payments on your credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express). Your sessions will be scheduled once a month according to your schedule. At our scheduled time I will call you at the number of your choice. The cost of each call is included in my consulting fee and return shipping of prints sent to me is not included. The regular interval between each session is one month. This interval can be changed to accommodate your needs, however the 7 sessions program needs to be completed within a year.
Below is a short list of subjects that can be covered during long term, seven-sessions, one on one consulting:
A - Marketing
• Selling your work - in this program we develop and implement a marketing program specifically for your work. This program is designed to teach you how to market and sell your photographs. It is based on my personal experience marketing my work very successfully for over 10 years. This program is designed to help you reach the level of success I am enjoying as well as teach you how to avoid the many pitfalls, mistakes and hurdles that await your Competitors.
This program is designed to teach you how to market your photographs. It is based on my personal experience marketing my work very successfully for over 10 years. This program is designed to help you reach the level of success I am enjoying as well as teach you how to avoid the many pitfalls, mistakes and hurdles that await your competitors.
• Do you want to start your own photography business?
• Do you need help getting started selling your photographs?
• Do you wonder where you can sell your work?
• Are you looking for the very best locations to sell your work?
• Do you need help deciding whether to offer limited editions or not?
• Do you need help deciding the size of your limited editions?
• Do you want to get started selling your photographs?
• Do you need personal, one-on-one help getting started selling your photography?
• Do you want to learn the 10 mistakes every photographer makes when they start to sell their photographs?
• Do you want to know why it takes, on average, 10 years before most photographers start making a profit from the sale of their work?
• Do you want to learn how to make a profit from your photographs now?
• Do you want to build your own web site?
• Do you have your own web site but are not getting the results you expected from it?
• Do you want to learn how to price your work?
• Do you have other questions regarding how to market your photographs?
If you answered yes to any of these questions you will benefit from my one on one photography marketing consulting program. Your photography is important to me and I can help you avoid the 10 mistakes all photographers make. I personally made all these mistakes myself and I wasted a lot of my time and money in the process. Learn right away what took me 23 years to learn. You don't have to go to "the school of hard knocks" the way I did. Instead you can "pick my brains" and save yourself a lot of time --and money!
During our initial consultation we design a program which targets your goals and addresses your unique needs and concerns and start working on marketing your photography right away.
During the following sessions we work closely together towards implementing and fine-tuning a unique marketing program which will enable you to reach your goals.
B - Aesthetics of Photography
• Aesthetics of photography Program (based on my current series of essays)
• Building a portfolio
• Developing a personal style
• Getting ready to organize an exhibition of your work
• Getting started with 4x5 large format photography (camera and lens choice, camera operation, film and metering, camera movements, etc.)
• Building a home studio, part one: building a digital darkroom: equipment selection, equipment setup, Storage options, printing options, computer options, profiling, troubleshooting, studio layout, etc.
• Building a home studio, part two: matting and framing setup: learn how to cut and design your own mats, how to assemble your mats, how to select frames and mat board, how to frame your work professionally.
C - Photographic and digital techniques
• Selecting and using a RIP
• Paper and canvas selection for specific ink and printer combination
• Spray Coating selection for specific canvas (or paper) and ink combination
• Taking into consideration your specific intended use when selecting paper, inks and coating
• Studio set up and installation, either for a complete studio or for specific equipment
• Much more (contact me with your specific needs)
"First off, this was the absolute best money I ever spent! Your knowledge and experience AND your true interest in the customer provided me with insights I'm not sure I would have gotten anywhere else.
Each of the sessions brought to light areas I hadn't considered and your generous advice was very welcome. I'm doing my first show in about 2 weeks and I can honestly say I feel very prepared, something I don't think
I would have said without these sessions.
From vendors you recommended to ideas on booth setup to pricing to web site contents, you brought your experience to bear in all the areas that determine how well a photographer succeeds.
Thanks again and I look forward to working with you in the future."
3 - Registration
My consulting fee is $375 per hour normally. However, when you sign up for the 7-sessions program my fee is only $275 per hour , only $1975 for the 7-sessions program (7 hours at $275 only).
To sign up for this unique opportunity, simply use the Paypal Button below. You will receive an email notification after you complete your registration and you will then be able to schedule your appointment for the dates of your choice.
Phone Consulting, 1 hour: $375
Phone Consulting, 7 Sessions Program: $1925 only
You save $700!
If you prefer not to use Paypal, or if you have questions that are not answered here, simply email us at email@example.com or call us at 928-252-2466 (International) or 800-949-7983 (United States). You can sign up using any credit card. We can also answer your questions about our consulting program.
Again, please don't forget that this opportunity is limited and that openings do sell out quickly. If this unique opportunity has your name on it, make sure to act now. We have a huge demand for our consulting services and we can only accept a few students each year.
If you have questions not answered here, make sure to email or call us. We look forward to working with you.
4 - Liability Limitation
Beaux Arts Photography, Beautiful-Landscape.com, Alain Briot, Natalie Briot, guides, and cooperating agents aim to provide every participant a safe, educational, and enjoyable experience. We act solely as agents for you regarding accommodations, special activities, and travel, by any means, and assume no liability for any act, error, omission, injury, loss, delay, mishap, or damage to persons or property arising from any cause during the course of the workshop or the consulting or in transit thereto. We can accept no responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delay or changes in the services to be provided. We reserve the right to change our arrangements should conditions necessitate, or to cancel any aspect of a workshop or consulting appointment due to exceptional circumstances. In the event that a 1 on 1 appointment over the phone has to be cancelled, we will reschedule this appointment at a time convenient for both parties. In the event of a a workshop or consulting appointment cancellation, airline tickets, car rentals and hotel reservations associated with participation in this activity will not be refunded. We recommend you purchase refundable airline tickets and make refundable car and hotel reservations. We also recommend you carry travel and camera equipment insurance.
When doing marketing consulting, keep in mind that we cannot guarantee that you will generate a specific income in regards to your business endeavors. We provide you with solid advice based on our many years of experience, however, your specific business income is dependent on many variables that are not within our control. These include, but are not limited to, the locations where you decide to sell your work (such as shows, retail locations, etc.) changes in the economy, competition, political changes, suppliers, personal business arrangements, motivation, workload capabilities, and numerous other variables. However, in our experience, we have noticed a definite relationship between hard work and positive outcome. Students who work hard and spend the required amount of time marketing their work (this amount of time is discussed during our consulting) regularly fare much better than students who work less and spend less time on their marketing.
Your registration is guaranteed only when we have payment in full. We reserve the right to change this policy at any time. Consulting fees are not refundable. Consulting fees are not transferable towards our workshops and seminars or towards purchase of a product such as mats, portfolio cases, CD or DVD tutorials, prints, portfolios, or other. Consulting fees cannot be transferred towards purchase of the Mastery Workshop on DVD series. Fees and policies are subject to change at any time without notice
By joining this one on one program I acknowledge that I have read the above information concerning responsibility and release Beaux Arts Photography, Alain Briot, Natalie Briot, their guides, instructors and any cooperating agent from any liability. Beaux Arts Photography, Alain Briot, and Natalie Briot will assume no liability for injury, illness, or loss of personal property, income or expenses thereof associated with participation in this program. I also acknowledge that Alain and Natalie Briot have the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime.
Copyright © Alain Briot 2011