2016 Fine Art Photography
Marketing Success Seminar
April 5 - 6, 2016 in Peoria (Phoenix), Arizona
I am offering a Fine Art Photography Marketing Seminar in Spring 2016. During this seminar I will be teaching the marketing techniques that I use today.
These techniques are not in my marketing book (the book was written in 2009, a long time ago by marketing standards).
Seats in this seminar are limited. Plus, I did not teach a marketing seminar for several years so I expect this one to fill out immediately.
This event takes place in Peoria, Arizona. Peoria is about 45 minutes north of the Phoenix airport. Lodging and travel information will be emailed to you after you register.
What is the goal of this seminar?
The purpose of this seminar is to teach you how to be financially successful selling your fine art photography.
Why this seminar since I can read your book on Marketing photography?
I expect most students who attend this seminar to have read my book on Marketing. While it is an excellent book, it was written in 2009 and much has changed since then. While some of the information in it is still correct, much of it is no longer current.
In 2009, which is 6 years ago, selling photographs was much simpler than it is today. There was less competition and it was easier to make a sale. Today making a sale is harder and harder and you need new techniques to succeed. These techniques are not in my book because they were not required back then. They were developed since the book was published. I use them today and without those techniques I too would have seen a huge decline in my print sales. I did not and my print sales today are excellent but I owe this to some drastic changes that I implemented after my book was published.
Since 2009 tens of thousands of photographers have decided to sell their work. Many of these new photographers use cut-throat techniques and offer their photographs at rock bottom prices. During this seminar I will show you how to compete with them successfully so that they are not a threat to you at all and so that you can sell your work at respectable prices.
In 2009 Social media was in its infancy and because of that my book does not go over it much. Social media is now indispensable however it can also take all your time. During the seminar I will show you simple techniques that will allow you to streamline your social presence so that you get exposure without having to spend all your time taking care of your social media pages.
Will you update your book with these new techniques?
No. I will not update my book. The only place these new techniques will be taught is in this seminar and during one on one consulting.
Can I learn your new techniques by watching your online marketing?
No you can't and this for two reasons.
First because you are not me! While the techniques I use online work for me, they will not work for you unless you are me or you are in a position very similar to mine. Unless you have the name recognition, experience, career, leverage and audience size that I have you need to use different marketing methods than me. The purpose of this seminar is to teach you the approach that will work for you. To achieve this we will look at a variety of different marketing approaches that fit the different levels of experience that photographers have so that you can find the one that is right for you.
Second because even though you can see some of my marketing online via public channels, a huge amount of my marketing is done in a non public way, privately, one on one, through personal contacts that take place over email, text, voice phone or in person in my gallery. These never make it to the public and no one but me, Natalie and our clients know about it. Honestly there is no reason why these marketing efforts and transactions should become public. They are part of our everyday business dealings and the only way you will learn how they take place and what techniques we use by attending this seminar or doing one on one consulting with me.
Is this seminar for me?
This seminar is for you if, in no particular order:
- You want to sell your fine art photographs as a hobby and your goal is to generate a secondary income.
- You want to sell your fine art photographs as a full time activity and make it your primary or your sole source of income.
- You are not sure if selling fine art photographs is something you want to do and you want to learn what is involved in order to be successful, how much you can expect to make, how much work will be involved, how much money you will need to invest, what equipment you will need, what you will need to learn and so on.
- You have already started selling your fine art photographs but you find it challenging and your sales are either very low, non existent, or not what you want them to be. You therefore want to move up and reach a higher level of income.
- You need answers to specific business questions related to the sale of fine art photographs and you want the opinion of an expert who will give you truthful and helpful answers.
- You wonder if you should sell only fine art photographs or if you should sell other products and services as well, for example teach workshops, offer eBooks, offer products such as tee shirts, mugs, mouse pads, coasters, posters, etc. etc.
- You also wonder if these products can bring more money than fine art photographs alone.
- You want to open a gallery and you need to know if this is a good idea or a bad idea, how much money is involved, how much investment in necessary and so on.
- You have already opened a gallery but it is not doing as well as you would like and you need help with taking it to the next level.
- Your photography is unique and you are looking for a unique way of marketing and selling it.
- You want to learn salesmanship, learn how to talk to people and motivate them to buy your work, your products or your services.
- You find selling fine art photographs to be very challenging and you are about to quit (or you have already quit) because you don’t know how to make it work for you.
- You have been successful but things are getting tougher and tougher, sales are going down and you don’t know what to do.
- The competition is intense because there are many photographers out there selling their work and you don’t know what to do and how to compete with them.
- You had an exhibition of your work, your work looked fantastic, you got lots of compliments but you hardly sold anything or worse you did not sell anything at all.
- You read my book cover to cover, took 50 pages of notes, but you are struggling to make a sale and you are asking yourself: now what?
- You believe that even though you have never studied marketing you will figure this out on your own and with the help of your friends. If such is the case I will see you in 2 years, the average amount of time it takes for photographers to find out that this is not possible and that they will die trying. Figuring everything out on your own is very costly and frustrating. Marketing experts, not friends, know how to sell fine art photographs.
How are you going to teach all that?
I will teach you how to be successful selling your fine art photography by teaching you my personal system for fine art sales. This system is based on my personal experience selling my own fine art photographs since 1995. This approach has proven to be very successful both for myself and for the students who have learned and followed my approach.
This system will be taught in full details during the Seminar. This is a two day seminar during which we will go through the entire system as follows:
- You will learn how fine art photographs are sold and how you need to sell yours in order to be financially successful.
- You will learn why people buy fine art photographs and why they don’t buy fine art photographs (and why knowing the reason for both is important).
- You will learn the exact steps I follow to make a sale, from the minute I meet a potential customer until the time they leave my gallery or booth with a photograph (or several) under their arm.
- You will learn the 7 unique and separate steps and why it is important to complete each of them in order to close the sale. Natalie and I follow all 7 steps for each and every sale, even with repeat customers. I taught Natalie how to do this and she is now as good or better than me.
- I will tell you which products and services (workshops, eBooks, tee shirts, mugs, mouse pads, coasters, posters, etc.) you should or should not sell.
- You will learn what you need to do in order to open a gallery and run it successfully.
- Of course you are free to open a gallery or not. However you have the information and this in itself will save you years of research, if you ever find out the answers on your own.
- You will learn how to run a profitable fine art photography business so that you don’t just make money, you also keep as much of the money you make as possible.
- You will learn how to have a life while running a successful business. This is not obvious. Most business owners don't have a life because they work all the time and often end up putting out fires all day long.
- You will learn how to make money doing this as a hobby and as a full time profession.
- You will learn how to not make the mistakes that every photographer makes (unless they studied with me).
- You will learn how to sell your unique style of photography.
- You will learn salesmanship. I will also teach you why not knowing salesmanship is costing you a huge amount of sales.
- You will learn that there are two types of sales. Sales of Type 1 bring just a few % of my income while sales of type 2 bring me the vast majority of my income (over 90%). Most photographers only make type 1 sales which means they miss out on over 90% of the sales they could make. We call this leaving money on the table. In this case they are leaving nearly all the money on the table. I will teach you how to ‘wipe the table clean’ so that you can maximize each and every selling opportunity.
- You will learn how many photographs you need to sell in one year to reach your personal income goals.
- You will learn which photographs sell the best, which sell the worst and how to find out which is what.
- You will learn how to price your work professionally and profitably.
- You will learn the size of the photographs you need to carry; both which size you must have and which sizes you don’t need to have.
- You will learn how many photographs you need to carry at a show, or in your gallery, or on your website and this for each of the different sizes you offer.
- You will learn how many matted photographs you will need, how many framed photographs you will need, and how many not matted or framed photographs you will need.
- You will learn whether it is best to cut your own mats or have them cut for you and how to make this decision.
- You will learn how to qualify potential customers so that you don’t waste half an hour or longer with ‘customers’ that will never buy anything (we call those tire kickers).
- You will learn how to find out what is the maximum amount a customer is willing to spend. I will also teach you how to find out the minimum amount (both are important).
- You will learn the different options available to you to advertise your site including what each of them cost, which ones are the most cost effective and which ones are free.
Will you have time for Personal questions?
Yes, we have set aside time for personal questions during the seminar. You will be able to ask any question you want about marketing fine art photography related to you and to your approach. There will be a specific time for this so that everyone has time to ask their questions.
This event takes place in Peoria, Arizona. Peoria is about 45 minutes north of the Phoenix airport. Lodging and travel information will be emailed to you after you register.
We will start at 9am and end at 5pm on both days with a one hour break for lunch.
The cost of this unique seminar is $995.
Maximize your visit: attend the Antelope Canyon Workshop after the Seminar
The 2016 Antelope Canyon workshop is scheduled immediately after the seminar ends. You can therefore maximize your visit by attending both the 2016 Marketing Seminar and the 2016 Antelope Canyon Workshop.
Click here to read the description of the 2016 Antelope Canyon Workshop.
Antelope Canyon is the location where I created some of my all-time best-selling images. You can create some of your best selling images there as well. This is why we offer this workshop after the 2016 Marketing Seminar. The two are a perfect match and together they will allow you to maximize the value of your visit. Of course we will teach you how to create show winning images of Antelope Canyon during the workshop!
you save money on top of all that! Marketing seminar participants get the combined seminar + workshop registration fee for only $1990 instead of $2390 normally, a saving of $400, almost 20%.
There are several ways to reserve your seat in this Seminar:
1- Use the paypal buttons below:
2016 Marketing Seminar
|2016 Marketing Seminar
+ Antelope Canyon Workshop
Regular price: $2390
You save $600 and you maximize
the value of your trip
2 - Email me at email@example.com
3 - Call us toll free at 800-949-7983 or 928-252-2466
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express. A receipt will be emailed to you the day after your registration has been processed. You can charge the registration fee in one installment or in 3 equal installments placed to your card a month apart starting when you register. Just let us know your preferences when you sign up.
We will email you information about lodging and travel after you register.
If you have any questions about this seminar not answered in this description simply call us or email us: 800-949-7983 or 928-252-2466 and firstname.lastname@example.org
We are located in Arizona and we look forward to hearing from you.
All monies are non-refundable. If you cancel participation in this seminar your registration fees may be transferred towards registration in another Beaux Arts Photography Seminar under certain conditions. Transfer of fees to another Seminar is not automatic and is decided solely by Beaux Arts Photography as a courtesy. We reserve the right to decide whether to transfer your fees to another Seminar or not. You must register for another Seminar within one year from the starting date of the Seminar you originally registered for. Participants transferring from another Seminar will be registered for this other Seminar in excess of the regular number of participants. We can only accept two transfers per Seminar. If you decide to attend a higher priced Seminar, or if the Seminar fee has increased, the difference in cost between the two Seminar will be charged to your credit card when you notify us that you want to sign up for this other Seminar. Your registration is guaranteed only when we have payment in full. We reserve the right to change this policy at any time. Seminar fees can only be transferred to another workshop and cannot be used towards one on one consulting or towards the purchase of a product such as mats, portfolio cases, CD or DVD tutorials, prints, portfolios or other. Seminar fees cannot be transferred towards purchase of the Mastery Workshop DVDs. If this seminar is cancelled by us you will receive a full refund.
Beaux Arts Photography, Beautiful-Landscape.com, Alain Briot, Natalie Briot, guides, and cooperating agents aim to provide every participant a safe, educational, and enjoyable experience. We act solely as agents for you regarding accommodations, special activities, and travel, by any means, and assume no liability for any act, error, omission, injury, loss, delay, mishap, or damage to persons or property arising from any cause during the course of the Seminar or in transit thereto. We can accept no responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delay or changes in the services to be provided. We reserve the right to change our arrangements should conditions necessitate, or to cancel any aspect of the Seminar due to exceptional circumstances. In the event that we deem it necessary to cancel the Seminar we will provide a full refund which the participant(s) acknowledges as full and final settlement. In the event of a Seminar cancellation airline tickets, car rentals and hotel reservations associated with participation in this Seminar will not be refunded. We recommend that you purchase refundable airline tickets and make refundable car and hotel reservations. We also recommend you carry travel and camera equipment insurance. You are responsible for being at the meeting place at the designated time and have your equipment with you.
By joining this Seminar I acknowledge that I have read the above information concerning responsibility and release Beaux Arts Photography, Alain Briot, Natalie Briot, their guides, instructors and any cooperating agent from any liability. Beaux Arts Photography, Alain Briot, and Natalie Briot will assume no liability for injury, illness, or loss of personal property or expenses thereof associated with workshop participation. I also acknowledge that Alain and Natalie Briot have the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime and that workshop policies are subject to change at any time.
Copyright © Alain Briot 2016
All rights reserved worldwide